Monday, July 19, 2010

It's a Garden Party!


Check out the project that Kim Bierbaum created using the 5-petal blossom veiner.




Attached are pictures of a cake using the five blossom veiner mold. The flowers are 50/50 gumpaste and fondant, but I also tried with chocolate clay, and they came out great too. I cut the fondant with a five petal cutter, put them in the mold and peeled them off. It was that easy - didn't have to put them in the freezer or anything. I let them dry on a flower former and added piped centers, dusted with luster dust. I had a little trouble getting them off the mold with the chocolate clay, so I stuck them in the freezer for a couple of minutes and they came right off. I had a great time with this mold, and made way more flowers than I needed just because it was fun to play with.

Thanks - Kim


Product Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment