Thursday, July 22, 2010

Timeless Classic Look


Check out the project that Katherine Dungan created using a brooch mold.



I chose this mold to work with as I had an upcoming birthday of some one who wanted a classic style cake.
It gave a very nice broach about 1 1/2" long. I wanted one that looked like a pearl set in gold. To accomplish this I put just enough white fondant/gumpaste mix to fill the center cavity. The next step was to brush it with a little glue. Taking a yellow fondant/gumpaste mix is finished filling the mold. I used the yellow so that when I painted it with gold dust, if I missed any spots, it would not be as obvious as it would if it were white.

The cake was a white 10" hex cake. The reason for the hex cake was to allow the broach to stand out. The topper was fresh flowers and I added small pleated drapes on the corners. I love how the mold turned out but wish I had used different flowers.


I think the broach added the timeless classic look I wanted.

Thank you so much for letting me part of the DTC product testing group.

Sincerely,
Katherine Dungan

Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment